Alkaline agar is a dense nutrient medium for the release of cholera vibrio. The qualitative composition of alkaline agar is quite nutritious and promotes the rapid formation of vibrio colonies, while sodium pyrrosulfite partially suppresses the concomitant microflora. The selective factor is an elevated pH level of alkaline agar, which ultimately inhibits the development of foreign microorganisms and does not affect the growth of cholera.
Cultivation is carried out at 37 ° C for 12-14 hours.
Purpose of alkaline agar: Selective isolation of cholera vibrio
Principle of alkaline agar activity: Dense nutrient medium provides growth of cholera vibrio, selection is achieved at the expense of high pH
Composition of alkaline agar:
The peptone is enzymatic - 11 g / l
Agar microbiological - 11 g / l
Sodium chloride - 10 g / l
Yeast extract - 3 g / l
Sodium carbonate - 2 g / l
Instructions for using alkaline agar:
1. Dissolve 38 g of medium when heated in 1 liter of purified water.
2. Boil 2-3 minutes, until the components are completely dissolved.
3. Autoclaving for 20 min at 121 ° C
4. Cool to 50-45 s and pour into sterile Petri dishes, dry by adhering to the rules of asepsis.
PH value: 8.0-0.2 ° at 25 ° C
Delivery time: 5 d.
AGAR ALKALINE, 100 gr
- Brands ООО "Фармактив" Украина
- Product Code: 100 гр
- Availability: 2-3 Days