The differential medium that is used for the production of Corynebacterium diphtheria. To stimulate the growth of Corynebacterium necessary blood components or blood substitutes. To inhibit the growth of concomitant microflora to the environment is added a solution of potassium tellurite. Also, corynebacteria, growing on terricolous environments recover metallic tellurium from tellurite potassium and changes the color of the colony to black. BioWare Corynebacterium is distinguished by the form of the colonies:
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae gravis - dark grey round slightly flattened colonies with a diameter of 2 - 3 mm. Under a microscope (25x) colonies with slightly irregular edges and folded surface (a type of "Daisy").
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae mitis - dark grey round convex shiny colonies with smooth edges, with a diameter of 1.5 - 3 mm.
- Corynebacterium xerosis - dark grey round convex shiny colonies with smooth edges, a diameter of 1.2 - 2 mm.
- Corynebacterium ulcerans - dark grey round convex shiny colonies with smooth edges, a diameter of 0.5 - 1.5 mm with a silver rim.
Purpose: Cultivation and selection of corynebacteria
Principle of action: The enzymatic peptone, yeast extract and glucose provide the growth of microorganisms on the medium. The blood hydrolyzate provides corynebacterium with native proteins, which is an important component to stimulat their growth. potassium tellurite solution suppresses growth of gram-negative flora.
The peptone is enzymatic - 20 g / l
The hydrolyzate of blood proteins is enzymatic - 10 g / l
Agar microbiological - 12 g / l
Glucose - 0.5 g / l
Sodium chloride - 5 g / l
Yeast extract - 2.5 g / liter
Instructions for use:
1. Dissolve 50 g of medium when heated in 1 liter of purified water.
2. Boil 2-3 minutes until the components completely dissolve
3. Autoclaving at a temperature of 112 C for 15 min
4. Cool to 50-45 С and pour into sterile Petri dishes, add 2% potassium tellurite solution at a rate of 20 ml / 1 liter of medium.
PH level: 7,7-0,2 at 25 ° C
Delivery time: 5 р.д.